Web hosting these days can be cheap but that does not necessarily mean good. So, how do you choose a web host these days? There are several key factors you want to look at before you choose one. Plus you need to figure out what you need for you business website. If your not careful and really don’t know what you are doing then you can end up steam rolled into paying more than you really need.
Plus some web hosts have more functions than others and other are more geared towards marketing and will have tools that you can discover and use as your business grows.
So here is a small list of things to look for when looking for a web host.
- Number one on our list is customer support. You want a good host that people recommend. Customer support is important becasue you will not know many things that need to be taken care of sometimes. Plus if something breaks you want a host provider that will back you up and support you 100%.
- Next is up time. You also want a host which can prove to you they have high up time and their servers do not crash all the time.
- Bandwidth is 3rd. You want a host that will provide you with a good amount of pipeline. Or atleast one that will easily upgrade your bandwidth as your website grows.
- Space. You will want a host that can provide you with enough space for your business website to grow. Many have different packages and you will need to compare between some providers.
- Do they provide PHP and Mysql support? If you are planning on using a linux based host, then you will wnat to see what packages they offer for PHP and so on.
These are the basic things to look for when looking for a website. There are many more but we wanted to aim this article to beginners looking for a business website. Lat on we will cover more in depth about hosting providers.
One other thing you want to look out for is a web host that is forgiving. If you plan to market your website and you are still new to marketing on the internet you may want to stay away from host providers that are strict on spam policy. You may be excited to market your website and go overboard, you could then wake up one day and find your business website down and banned from the web host. It pays to do your homework and find a host who will work with you.